Anti-Pil Plain Fleece
Natural Cotton Calico
Crushed Stretch Velour
Bamboo Terry Towelling
About Our Children’s Fabrics
Types of Children’s Fabric
We have a lovely range of fabric types that can be used for children’s clothing and textiles:
- Warm, water resistant, wrinkle resistant, and breathable, fleece is a great option for projects like creating children’s clothing! Click here for our entire fleece collection.
- This type of double knit fabric is super soft and breathable. It is often used to make baby clothes, pyjamas, and hoodies due to its softness and warmth, and underwear and pyjamas for breathability.
- Linen is the world’s strongest natural fibre, is fast-drying, absorbent, and comfortable. This makes it perfect for making summer garments!
- Satin is a luxurious fabric which is great for linings, bedding, ballet slippers, hats and more! Click here to view all of our silk and satin.
- Typically made from cotton and ultra useful, towelling is great for making ponchos, bathroom linen, flannels, and more. For any of your high-absorption needs, you can view our entire towelling range by clicking here.
- Velboa or cuddlesoft velboa is an extremely soft, short pile fabric that has a velvet-like feel. It is great for creating blankets, bedding, and toys.
Uses of Children’s Fabric
Children’s fabric is great for almost anything your child could need.
Sew clothing and soft play shoes, fashion toys and stuffed animals, and make bedding for any season. Anything your child could need that is made from soft textiles can be created by you!
We have lots of colourful and printed fabrics to stimulate their senses, and so that you can create fun and exciting projects!
How to Order Fabric
We are one of the top fabric suppliers in the UK, with over 50 years of expertise. Fabric Online provides our clients with high-quality textiles at competitive prices, and our devoted team assures complete customer satisfaction, including order processing, quality control, and shipment.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries or need assistance. We are happy to help you in any way we can and are delighted to assist you in deciding which designs to purchase or order.
We have kept our online fabric store as simple as possible by offering our fabrics on a “per metre” basis.
Struggling to pick a fabric? Not sure what you need for your project? Need help figuring out how much fabric you need? Click here to contact our support team.
Cotton, linen, and interlock are great fabrics for children's clothing. They are lightweight, easy to work with, and breathable. They are also super comfortable for your little ones!
Yes! Fleece is soft and warm yet breathable, and is also water and wrinkle resistant!
This means that it is perfect for kids' clothing, as it is hard wearing and easy to care for.
You should consider the climate you live in when shopping for fabrics. If you live in a colder area, fabrics like fleece and interlock are great for kids' clothing as they are warm yet still breathable and comfortable. If you are in a warmer area, you should consider linen or cotton as they are far more lightweight.